Saturday, October 11, 2008

Let me Introduce you to the Herbs/Veggies Department

Hello Fellow Master Gardeners!

Two job descriptions down and several more to go! If you click on the picture of the chairs for the Herbs/Veggies Department in the right column you will find, that with their assistance, I have been able to complete the job description (general description/purpose, duties and time commitment/timeline) for a another department.

I will be in touch with each department chair asking that you complete the job description over the next month or so. Don't feel like you have to wait to hear from me. If you are a chair of a department please feel free to begin documenting the information and send it my way. Please follow the same format as has been used by Herbs/Veggies and the Chair/Co-Chair.

Remember they do not need to be elaborate - keep it simple but with enough information that prospective volunteers will know what your department responsibilities are and with enough detail that in the unfortunate event you are not able to chair the department next year, we have record of your tasks and information to use in recruiting new chairs. I know this will not be the case and everyone will be back for 2010! - Okay, I'm getting ahead of myself!

Go ahead - check out the link by clicking on the Herbs/Veggies Department picture to learn more about this department of our plant sale.

Have a great rest of the weekend - protect those tender plants, it's getting pretty cold out!

Later -

Jim

1 comment:

Juliet said...

Hi Jim,
Here's my snaps of Herbs from 2007.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76744909@N00/sets/72157600600685765/

Cheers,
Juliet Anderson