Saturday, October 4, 2008

New Feature!

I've added a new feature! Click on the picture in the right column of Horst and I. This will take you to a link that I've created with contact information and a description of the duties of the Chair and Co-Chair.

I plan on doing this for each of the departments. I think it will be a great way to let potential volunteers know the responsibilities of each department and provide direct contact information. This is going to take some time but I will continue to work on this so that over time, each department has this same function. Each time I do this I will also add a post to the blog as an overview and introduction to each department.

I have some of the information about duties and responsibilities from various departments but I am going to need your help to write and/or review the information from your department. This will really help in keeping us organized. I think it will also help in the recruitment of chairs for departments that still have openings. Its easier to recruit chairs for open departments if we can refer them to a description of the duties of the department - not to mention the bonus of having the information written down for the continuity from year to year as departments get new chairs.

I may do this in phases - that is - start by adding a link that provides contact information and as the department duties gets completed add the the additional information. (I'll do that with another department and provide an example in an upcoming post.)

Thanks for all your emails and comments about the blog. Like I said - it is in the early stage of development and eventually will serve us well. Continue to send more pictures you have from previous sales and over time I will post them.

Have a good one -

Jim

No comments: